The City of Greater Dandenong is seeking public feedback on the proposed development of a multipurpose stadium in the Dandenong Activity Centre, associated with Team 11’s bid to bring an A-League and W-League team to south east Melbourne.
Plans for the proposed stadium include:
- Site: Council land adjacent to the Dandenong Train Station and bus interchange (corner Cheltenham Rd and George Street).
- Scope: Multipurpose should port, entertainment and community stadium with a rectangular playing field and initial seating capacity of 12K-15K (with the potential to expand in the future). Plans also include multi-purpose community / function spaces suitable for community, corporate and private use.
- Proposed Uses: Home ground for south east Melbourne’s A-League and W-League team (pending a licence being issued to Team 11) and suitable for rugby league, rugby union, AFLX, music concerts, community and cultural events and other entertainment.
- Considerations: The construction and operation of the proposed Stadium is subject to State (and Federal) Government Funding and an A-League licence being awarded to Team 11.
The community can provide feedback by Sunday, 7 October in the following ways:
- By completing our online survey forum
- By emailing feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing a hard copy survey which is available from all Council Customer Service Centres and Greater Dandenong Libraries.
For more information, please contact email@example.com